Different funders have different rules about this. RCUK and COAF expect Open Access costs to be met from the block grants they have given us centrally, so Open Access costs should not be included in your grant application. Other funders, such as NIHR or the European Research Council, do expect you to budget for these costs. If in doubt, please contact your funder or the Open Access Team.
Articles in this section
- Are patents/review articles/ books/book reviews included in the REF Open Access policy?
- Do the block grants cover the whole cost of publishing? What about page and colour charges?
- I don’t understand why an APC was paid for one of my articles but not for the next one.
- How should I acknowledge my funders?
- Do I need to include funding for Open Access in a grant application?
- What about paying Open Access charges (APCs)?
- Can you pay other publisher fees such as page and colour charges?
- What is your address?