Hybrid journals are subscription journals that charge an extra fee to make a specific article Open Access while the remainder of the journal remains behind a paywall. This type of Gold Open Access is always accompanied by a fee.
Articles in this section
- What is the author accepted manuscript (AAM)?
- Which manuscripts should I upload?
- When do I need to upload?
- I have no funders or my funder has no Open Access requirements (e.g. a College fellowship). Do I need to do anything?
- I’m using arXiv, bioRxiv or another preprint server. Do I still need to upload my article on acceptance?
- My journal asks me to sign a copyright agreement or commit to an Open Access option on submission, not acceptance. Can I get in touch earlier?
- Should I upload my back-catalogue of articles?
- I’m publishing Gold Open Access in an OA journal (e.g. PLOS). Do I still need to upload the AAM?
- What happens after I upload my article?
- Where do I start?