The REF Open Access policy applies to peer-reviewed journal articles of any kind and to conference proceedings published in journals with ISSNs. Patents, monographs, book chapters and conference proceedings published in books with ISBNs or book series with ISSNs are not included. If in any doubt, please contact us and we can advise you further. Further advice is available in points 11-15 of the HEFCE policy (www.hefce.ac.uk/rsrch/oa/Policy).
Articles in this section
- Are patents/review articles/ books/book reviews included in the REF Open Access policy?
- Do the block grants cover the whole cost of publishing? What about page and colour charges?
- I don’t understand why an APC was paid for one of my articles but not for the next one.
- How should I acknowledge my funders?
- Do I need to include funding for Open Access in a grant application?
- What about paying Open Access charges (APCs)?
- Can you pay other publisher fees such as page and colour charges?
- What is your address?