Yes. You still need to send us the accepted manuscript upon acceptance as you will still be covered by the REF Open Access policy. If you have co-authors whose funders have an Open Access policy, that will also apply to the paper and you will need to comply, even if you didn’t receive the funding yourself.
Articles in this section
- What is the author accepted manuscript (AAM)?
- Which manuscripts should I upload?
- When do I need to upload?
- I have no funders or my funder has no Open Access requirements (e.g. a College fellowship). Do I need to do anything?
- I’m using arXiv, bioRxiv or another preprint server. Do I still need to upload my article?
- My journal asks me to sign a copyright agreement or commit to an Open Access option on submission, not acceptance. Can I get in touch earlier?
- Should I upload my back-catalogue of articles?
- I’m publishing Gold Open Access in an OA journal (e.g. PLOS). Do I still need to upload the AAM?
- What happens after I upload my article?
- Where do I start?